Whether you have sustained a recent shoulder injury or are experiencing chronic pain due to repetitive motion, chiropractic care is an effective solution for shoulder pain. Through specialized adjustments and hands-on techniques, chiropractic care gets to the root of your chronic condition for pain relief that lasts.
Common Causes for Shoulder Pain
There are several different reasons for chronic shoulder pain, including:
- Dislocated shoulder
- Rotator cuff injury
- Frozen shoulder
- Labrum tear
- Repetitive motion due to a job or activity
- Damaged cartilage
No matter what the cause, chiropractic care can help get you out of pain and get you back to participating in the activities you enjoy. If you are dealing with debilitating shoulder pain, call our clinic and make an appointment with one of our chiropractors today. Our team of medical professionals are dedicated to helping relieve your pain, and realigning the body to bring it back into proper function and balance.
What Are the Benefits of a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustments address the root of your shoulder pain, bringing about relief that lasts, rather than covering up the symptoms.
Some of the other benefits of getting a chiropractic adjustment include:
- Decreased inflammation
- Increased muscle strength
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Improved range of motion
- Reduced pain
- And more
If you are only addressing the symptom of pain rather than the source, such as is the case with prescription drugs, you are only masking the underlying problem. By temporarily numbing the area of need over and over, you allow the condition to continue, causing it to become worse over time. This can create a chronic and irreversible condition that is not easily treated.
In order to avoid this issue, make sure you have the underlying cause looked at by a professional chiropractor so that the source of the pain is directly addressed and properly treated.
How Does a Chiropractic Appointment Work?
When you come in for a chiropractic adjustment, the chiropractor will go through a comprehensive process at your first appointment:
1. The chiropractor will ask you questions about your health history and daily habits.
2. They will look at your shoulder condition, and assess your body as a whole to see what needs adjusting and care.
3. The chiropractor will utilize a series of hands-on techniques, adjustments, specialized tools, and manual manipulations to bring the body back into alignment.
4. From there, you and the chiropractor will work together to come up with an effective, personalized treatment plan that meets your particular schedule and needs. This could include any number of at-home stretches and exercises, lifestyle changes, and coming into the office for adjustments as needed.
For more information about how your first chiropractic appointment will work, call our clinic today.
What Other Conditions Can Be Treated With Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care is an effective, non-invasive solution that can help treat a number of chronic and severe conditions, including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Wrist pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sports-related injuries
- Injuries resulting from a slip and fall accident
- Knee pain
- Sprains and strains in any part of the body
- And more
You don’t have to live with chronic shoulder pain any longer. To learn more about how chiropractic care can help relieve your shoulder pain, call our team of medical experts and schedule an appointment today.